New Camera: Mevo Start
Announced on January 9, 2020 at CES, the Mevo Start is the second camera release of the Mevo Camera company. Ship date of this device is currently scheduled for April of 2020 with a price point of $299 (compared to the Mevo Plus price of $399). The device was intended to a a few new features, and the removal of some Mevo Plus features in effort to get better performance and longer battery life. Those features, that pertain mostly to recording baseball and softball games, are listed below:
- 4 hours of battery
- Included 3.5mm mic port (includes multiple internal mic's as well)
- Longer range from
- Live stream with multiple cameras (coming later in the year)
Things we will miss:
- The new form factor isn't ideal as compared to the Mevo Plus
- No Mevo Boost which adds power, but more importantly made the camera water resistant.
- 1080p limitation (aka no 4K video)
We have a device on pre-order. As we always do, the information from our testing will be listed below, in the order of the newest information on the top. If you are new to this page, scroll to the bottom of the page and work your way up.
We have the device on order and we will update you with more information regarding any changes to shipments, as they come.