Material Updates

As discussed in many different posts, there is a shortage of stainless steel.  This is driving up prices and is causing all kinds of supply chain issues.  When we have material in hand, we maintain same day shipping.  However, during this time of a material shortage, we will update this page with information relating to possible delays.  See below for the latest information by date.

Note: When we go back order, we will fulfill orders in order that they originally come in.  It is not uncommon for all material to be sold by the time we receive it.

(5/7/2021 OUT OF STOCK) The vendor that was scheduled to deliver steel today, did not.  So we are out of stock and will not be shipping again until early next week; probably Tuesday.  Very sorry for the additional delays.  We will be reaching out to customers who have open orders with the option to cancel and refund.  We certainly hate to lose your business but recognize that this is unacceptable.  I'm very sorry.

(5/6/2021) Slowly getting material again.  We expect claws today to ship many orders tomorrow.  Vendor is scheduled to get us another complete order tomorrow.  If that happens (and we have no way of knowing at this point) we will go into the weekend with inventory to spare.  Stay tuned...

(5/3/2021) In a backlog again.  Orders still continue to come in faster than our supplier can produce stainless steel.  We received a partial batch tonight and will continue to fulfill orders in the order they hit our system.  Estimate a 2-3 day delay on new orders.

(5/1/2021) Finally!  We received enough material late last night to get all current orders caught up and build ahead a bit.  The production laser is repaired and running constantly.

(4/30/2021) We received quit a bit of material from a steel vendor late last night.  We have been processing it ever since and expect all current orders to ship no later than Saturday this week.  We are waiting for a part for the production laser that is expected to arrive today.  If this happens (and fixes the issue) we should be on schedule.  Hopefully the swarm of locusts and frogs do not follow next week.

(4/29/2021) Current backlog is down to about 120 units.  If the vendor comes through, we should be caught up this weekend.  But as this will deplete our supply again, expect more backlogs next week.  As usual, orders will be fulfilled in the order they hit our system.

(4/28/2021) We received another partial batch of material last night and were able to process, build, and prepare another 50 orders.  We completed up to order #16153.  We hope to receive more partials of orders but do not yet know if this will include Slyder bars (which take longer due to the bend).  We will update today when we know more.

(4/26/2021) In this episode of American Greek Tragedy: So we lost the motherboard on our shop production PC tonight (the primary device that communicates with the laser and I use to respond to customer emails from the shop). So if we haven't responded to your emails, we are getting backup hardware going now and will try to get everything responded to this evening. We received another partial shipment of steel today and have been processing that throughout the night. At least 80 orders have been packed, labeled and will be sent out tomorrow. If you didn't get a shipping notification, hopefully we will get more material tomorrow for your order. Broken record, but we truly are sorry for the delays and are working on a few options to add inventory to reduce delays.

(4/23/2021) Oy Vey!  Here we go again.  We were all set to build product through the night and weekend and our vendor once again did not have material completed.  As it is Friday, they are done for the week.  We hope to get some material again on Monday and resume shipping on Tuesday.  Sorry folks.

(4/22/2021) At this point, the backlog is clear.  All orders in the system have material assigned to them and will ship on our regular schedule.  However, this has once again nearly depleted the inventory and we are awaiting another batch of material from our vendors.  If we receive material again today (which is possible), we will ship on the regular schedule Friday.  Stay tuned...

(4/21/2021) We received another partial batch of material from another suppler late yesterday afternoon.  We worked through the night to process the material and are building order this morning.  We still have a slight backlog but is smaller than we have seen in a couple weeks.

(4/20/2021) We received Slyders from one of our steel suppliers late Monday.  We worked throughout the evening to process this material and build orders in the order they came in the system.  While we processed a huge batch of orders, there is still quite a backlog and we are out of material again.  We are simply selling faster than our vendor can supply.  Very sorry.  We hope to receive more material on Wednesday to resume shipping again Thursday.

(4/18/2021 - 10:00 AM, Central) We are still awaiting confirmation from our steel suppliers on material for this week, including the Slyder bars that are currently holding up shipments.  We will update this message when we know more.

Additionally, we are out of the Adapters and will not receive more until the first week of May.  We will try to find an alternate source but the market lead time on these kinds of items is high.  For the most uses, the SmallRig Magic Arm will allow the same benefits as the adapter.  The double mounting locations of this item will allow larger cameras, such as a more traditional camcorder.  We are also experimenting with a slightly larger magic arm that is a bit beefier.  You can find that item here (Amazon - CAMVATE Universal Magic Arm)

(4/17/2021) We currently have partial material (plate and claws; no Slyders).  Slyders are expected to arrive possibly Monday or Tuesday and orders will ship the following day.